[wellylug] MAc filesystem

Phillip Hutchings phillip.hutchings at sitharus.com
Mon Mar 31 11:18:07 NZDT 2008

On 31/03/2008, at 10:54, E Chalaron wrote:
> Thanks for that, just to complete, is MAc able to read things like
> ext3, xhs, jfs etc ... ?

Not by default. The supported filesystems on a 10.5 install are UFS,
HFS+, FAT and NTFS (read only). Previous versions had varying degrees
of NTFS support, the other three are standard through all OS X releases.

I believe there's an ext3 module for OS X, but I'm not sure how useful
it actually is.

If the HD is going to contain files written my Mac apps you will
_NEED_ HFS+, unless the app is a generic cross platform one.

--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/