[wellylug] gpg: signing failed: secret key not,available

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Tue Oct 14 13:44:28 NZDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Adam Bogacki wrote:

>> how many keys show up when you run: gpg --list-secret-keys
>
> Tohunga:~# gpg --list-secret-keys
> gpg: NOTE: old default options file `/root/.gnupg/options' ignored
> /root/.gnupg/secring.gpg
> ------------------------
> sec   1024D/886EF91C 2008-10-04
> uid                  Adam Bogacki <afb at paradise.net.nz>
> ssb   2048g/A10B5391 2008-10-04
>
>> do you have a "default-key" set in your preferences?
> I am not sure what you are referring to. Where do I find GnuPG
> preferences ?
==================

~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

if you only have one secret key, then you shouldn't have to specify
anything as a default.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"A function of free speech under our free system
 	 of government is to invite dispute. It may indeed
 	 best serve its high purposes when it induces a
 	 condition of unrest, creates dissatisfaction with
 	 conditions as they are, or even stirs people to anger."
 		-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas
 			Terminiello v. Chicago (1949)