[wellylug] RAID1 on OS disk

nic nic at tymar.com
Fri Oct 24 11:32:00 NZDT 2008

My experience has been that the OS will boot with a single faulty disk (as you'd expect).
Then mdadm will show you that one disk is toast, and you can do the recovery from there
(if you hold your tongue right and sacrifice the correct coloured goat).

I've never had _any_ useful success with BIOS raid. It works on the surface, but is a pain
in the bus [sic] when you actually ant to try to recover, or replace a disk, or do
anything that you'd expect to work.

But that's all just me, YMMV

Nic