[wellylug] Freevo or MythTV in Ubuntu 8.04

Rob van der Linde robvdl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:17:49 NZST 2008

It's been a while since I ran Freevo (I switched to Elisa for media
centre stuff). What I do remember though, is that if you use Ubuntu, you
have to download Freevo from the official website (it's not in the
Ubuntu repository).

I also remember the configuration wasn't the most user friendly in the
world. I remember having to edit a Python based config file by hand as
there was no configuration utility. The Python file is however well
documented using comments.