[wellylug] MySky HD

Tim McKenzie tjm1983 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:32:23 NZST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 08:50:31 Ray Smith wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm debating getting the MySky HD thing. The deciding factor will be if i
> can access the HD via my network. Sky says it's possible, but they don't
> officially support it. Has anyone been able to accomplish this?

There's at least one FOSS alternative in New Zealand, called myPVR:
http://tinyurl.com/cj5fuq
"The network features allow network streaming of all locally held media, as
well as providing a web interface into the program guide. If you have
forgotten to set a program to record, then you can remote in from work, login
and select the program you want using the interactive web based program
guide."

Their FAQ has information about how well it works with Sky channels.

I've never seen one in action, and as far as I know, I have no personal or
financial interest in the company or its owners.

Tim
<><