[wellylug] Wellylug @ SFD

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Fri Aug 21 10:28:22 NZST 2009

hi all,

As discussed, Wellylug is going to be running an installfest at SFD on
the 20th of September - the previous email to the list has the details
about the event.

If you are not familiar with an installfest, it's an event where anyone
can bring along their PC to get Linux installed, or to receive
assistance with setting Linux up.

If this sounds like something that would help you, register on the
website and come along to get some free assistance! :-)

Thanks to those of you who have offered to help run the event, all are
welcome. If you are attending as part of the Wellylug team, please visit
the website and register, set the organisation field to "Wellylug".

http://softwarefreedomday.org.nz/Register

The primary distribution we will be offering is Ubuntu 9.04, we have
been provided with 100 pressed CDs from the SFD organisation. :-)

Additional distributions such as Fedora, CentOS and anything else people
might like can be burned on the day if requested.

As per previous years, it is likely we will spend the majority of the
time helping people who already have linux, but are having trouble
getting hardware like wifi working, so doing a bit of research into
current wifi drivers is a worthwhile idea.

I will be uploading a page to the Wellylug website with more details
about the installfest this weekend, which we can then use to promote our
part of the SFD event with more focus.

The SFD organising team is also currently preparing some A3 posters, if
you have a good public spot where we can stick a poster to promote the
event, please let me know and I'll get some posters for you. :-)

regards,
jethro

--
Jethro Carr