[wellylug] ADSL modem and Linux router/firewall without double NAT

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:19:33 NZDT 2009

On 12/30/09, Edouard Chalaron <e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>> The telepermit thing is awkward. I feel your pain.
>
> What happens if it does not have it ?

As you have said in a later email, it will probably still work.
However, you won't have the sticker that proves it will do so safely
or without disrupting other users of the network.

I am stuck with the requirement anyway, not least because I have a
Telecom tech coming round to do some of the installation.

It's just a shame that when Linux-compatible hardware can be hard to
find, they have to dramatically narrow the field by imposing a $2,000+
barrier.

For now, I'm going to buy an el cheapo external modem-router and rely
on its built-in firewall.  I'll keep looking for something better
though.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')