[wellylug] Hosting a small business site

Jeff Hunt jeffhunt90 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 08:41:17 NZDT 2009

This is not Linux, but someone out there probably has the knowledge.

A friend without computer skills but with business and German language
experience is starting a small business with the idea of appealing to
the German Tourist industry. They own a name but have nowhere to put
it.

I maintain internet sites but have no experience of commercial
internet hosting and maintenance. I can help them to get the first
page or two up but they will need good CMS or cheap help. I have
suggested Actrix as a major NZ company that will give them enough low
budget help to get going, but that's a guess. Anyone know the best way
to get started with an eye to future growth, and without having to
learn a mass of computer skills?

Happy New Year.