[wellylug] Need ASAP casual on-site support Ubuntu

Carl Turney c.turney at orcon.net.nz
Wed Jan 28 12:35:12 NZDT 2009

Hello All,

I'm urgently in need of some on-site support for my desktop and laptop
Ubuntu Hardy Heron systems.  Happy to pay in cash.

(Please DON'T start emailing DIY suggestions, as I'm not suited for it
for a number of reasons.)

Total of about a day, if you're fast and have all the answers in your
mind.  Longer if not.  I'm flexible on total duration.

Can do days, eves, and/or weekends, as suits your needs.  Can do in one
sitting, or over a number of visits.

If you can't do all the following, still contact me, as I'm happy to
split the work out if need be.  Issues include such things as:  Making
an internal dialup softmodem work.  Making an external USB to RS232
work.  Debugging a motherboard soundcard failure.  Making a mirrored
ATA/IDE drive bootable.  Tutoring/configuring on wireless modem and
Ethernet.

MOST urgent:  Configuring the system and tutoring JUST up to the "hello
world" level on C++, Java, and/or Gambas (Visual Basic).

Interested?  (If not, and know someone else who may be, please forward
this.)  Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks very much,

Carl Turney
3 Douglas Street