[wellylug] Power flip affected servers

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 3 09:14:06 NZDT 2009

A few minutes ago, all power went off here. I was booting my Ubuntu
system at the time. It took out that and the Centos server where my
website is hosted. After power was restored, the Centos machine came
back up with a little help, but Ubuntu is reporting bad blocks.

An error came up saying:
/dev/hda1 UNEXPECTED INCONSTENCY ; RUN fsck MANUALLY
(i.e. without -a or -p options)

This is a little out of my depth. Would appreciate some do-able options
from those in the know.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 497166248   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786