[wellylug] Power flip affected servers

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 3 10:16:31 NZDT 2009

Xav Paice wrote:

>  > # umount /dev/sda1
>  > # fsck -Cy /dev/sda1
>
> oops - make that hda1 ....

Thanks, I found the Ubuntu 8 CD and am now in rescue mode. It is at the
point of disk partitioning. As it would be unfortunate to make a wrong
decision here (as the server setup could be wiped) I'm cautious about
the partitioning step.

Have not reached a point where text commands could be input so far,
although there is a manual setup option. Therefore I am being cautious
about the next step.

There are 4 guided options and a manual one. Some of them offer 'resize
the partition', use the entire disk and set up LVM, the encrypted
version of the above and manual.

Which of these is most likely to work without destroying my server?
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 497166248   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786