[wellylug] USB stick protection

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Fri Mar 27 20:19:33 NZDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Steve Macdonald wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to password protect a USB
> stick, At work I have to use Windows but I also want to be able to use
> it on my Desktop running Ubuntu.
>
> However I want to be able to password protect my data
===================

protect from what, exactly?

i'll assume that you're trying to protect your data if your flash drive is
lost or stolen...?

check out truecrypt. i've heard it's good on linux and ~other~ OSes.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them,
 	 only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich
 	 and powerful easily break through them."
 		-- Anacharsis - (Scythian philosopher - 600 B.C.E.)