[wellylug] nzviddl - download video from NZ news sites

Lee Begg llnz at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 21 20:45:10 NZDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:59:28 Daniel Pittman wrote:
> I didn't notice this earlier; if I had I would have encouraged you to look
>  at the clive or cclive projects, which do the same thing, save in other
>  languages:
>
>     http://clive.sourceforge.net/
>     http://code.google.com/p/cclive/

I thought there would be others out there. It's nice to know that others are
developing similar programs.

> Having those extend to cover more sources rather than a continually growing
> set of tools that address one source each would be nice.
>
> Alternately, you may find them useful to grow your own project in the
> direction of doing that. :)

That is very much the direction I'm heading. I started the project to scratch
my own itch, focusing on the New Zealand news sites. I still use youtube-dl
for youtube, though the next two pieces of development are to bring all the
scripts into one program, then add youtube.

>         Daniel

Later
Lee Begg