[wellylug] Next Meeting - 30th September (not 16th)

Lucas Kiwi lucaskiwi at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 10 00:03:38 NZST 2009

Hey!

   The 30th may be OK. I thought it would be advanced one week, but in two weeks, I can arrange at work to have it free :)
   Topics?  Uhm... from my newbie position, as I have only arrived in New Zealand a couple of months ago... and remembering my doubts about which laptop to buy... what about something like which hardware is mostly compatible with Linux?  Another thing I can do for you, if it is of any use, is try to make a link between you guys and the local Linux community in my city, in Argentina, which is pretty big (both, the community and the city). Linux is very popular in my country.
   Unfortunately, my experience with Linux is rather recent. I have been a DOS low level programmer for a long time and resisted against the "windows takeover", but then I found it would be a stronger point to learn to use Linux and now, with both FreeDOS and Ubuntu Linux, I am entirely independent from windows. So I'm willing to learn as much as I can :)

                Lucas