[wellylug] off-topic whining

Callum Grant callum.el.grant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:12:48 NZST 2009

I think that there is a time and a place for discussing things like this, I
really do, but that place is not on this list as I feel that it distracts
from this point in the charter "* To have a good time, meet other people and
to make friends." - point being that arguing doesn't help you to make
friends
If we keep this list purely for GNU/Linux and not having arguments about
what essentially are "political" topics, (which you should check at the door
when you contribute) this list will become as fantastic and useful as it
always has been.

Thanks,

Callum Grant

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:

> Tim McKenzie <tjm1983 at gmail.com> writes:
> > On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:28:49 Jethro Carr wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Anyway, I apologise if I came across too aggressive but Daniel touched a
> >> raw nerve with myself and others on this list.
> >
> > I hope that this apology can be accepted, and that people can be
> confident
> > that in future, polite objections to language used on this list won't be
> met
> > with aggressive responses.
>
> I should be clear, since I don't think I said it before: I do appreciate
> Jethro stepping up and saying this.
>
> Regards,
>        Daniel
>
> --
> ✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel at rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155
> 707
>               ♽ made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons
>   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.

Callum Grant