[wellylug] Telecom T Stick under Ubuntu

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Sep 15 19:32:18 NZST 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Jethro Carr wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 17:22 +1200, Mark Foster wrote:
>> I know this has been asked before, however i've obviously missed something;
>>
>> It's been a while since I tried so I had another go last night; the
>> T-Stick is picked up so it was just a case of finding 'how'...
>
> hi Mark,
>
> Does Network Manager not detect the T-Stick? It handles the vodems OK
> and makes life a lot easier.

So I set it up as 'Point to Point Connection' if I try it that way?

Seems to allow me to set it up but i've no clue how to actually make the
connection work.

Also noted, once configured, gnome-ppp can no longer find my modem...

Going to continue fiddling... for the record, from my earlier attempts
with gnome-ppp, this is the log result:

--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
~[7f]}#@!}!}'} }4}"}&} } } } }#}$@#}%}&F|_[0b]VJ~
--> PPP negotiation detected.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
~[7f]}#@!}!}(} }4}"}&} } } } }#}$@#}%}&F|_[0b][16][10]~
--> PPP negotiation detected.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
~[7f]}#@!}!})} }4}"}&} } } } }#}$@#}%}&F|_[0b]_}#~
--> PPP negotiation detected.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
--> PPP negotiation detected.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
Caught signal 2:  Attempting to exit gracefully...
--> Disconnecting at Tue Sep 15 19:21:11 2009

Mark.