[wellylug] Virtualbox

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Tue Apr 6 15:42:44 NZST 2010

On 6/04/2010 3:22 p.m., Ray Smith wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm experimenting with virtualization using Virtualbox. It works
> beautifully with XP, but I really want Win95. Has anyone had any success
> getting a 95 guest OS to work on an Ubuntu host? I can get it to run,
> but I have no sound and only basic graphic functions. Any suggestions?
>
> Ray
 From memory, win 95 was not too good apart from basics like running
applications in its limited way. The main change from version 98 was a
better graphic environment with less bugs. By the time it came out
issues such as the internet and security were still little known for
many. There wasn't much to hack so few people did it. Innocent days...
An old sound card might be recognized by it, but newer ones could
result in 'drivers not available'.
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786