[wellylug] Intel motherboards etc?

Daniel Reurich daniel at centurion.net.nz
Tue Aug 17 13:55:02 NZST 2010

I think that the sales jockey is smokin way too much wacky-baccy!!!

Google reveals nothing of that nature, and Intel are so heavily involved
in driver development for their varous platforms, improving the Atom
platform to make it more compatible with Android & other mobile linuxes,
and their ongoing work in server space provide evidence that Intel have
done, do and will continue to be investing heavily in Linux.  (Besides
they know MS's days are numbered, and there not stupid enough to bet on
MS world Domination.

You can pretty much get any not too recent and not too archaic graphics
card running with standard 2d no worries with no proprietary modules.
And with Nouveau and RadeonHD, your even starting to get choice of
entirely OSS 3D accel too, (even if it currently doesn't match the
proprietary drivers performance).