[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Fri Dec 31 14:01:14 NZDT 2010

On 31/12/2010 1:33 p.m., Don Gould wrote:
> On 31/12/2010 1:29 p.m., John Durham wrote:

>>> Ok, I'm confused. I can't even traceroute to either of those two ips let
>>> along get port 80

>> I'm sure the server is in good order. It's mainly a matter of
>> redirecting traffic to it. At the moment I have decided to try using
>> kiwi host (as it is easier to trade in $NZ). If I'm correct about
>> this, once the IP information is registered, the problem should be over.
>>
> Ok now I'm even more confused. The server is in your wgtn office
> connected to what exactly?
It is connected to I524 DLink router and then to a Motorolla Surfboard
cable modem.
> I'm really not sure what those IP addresses have to do with anything.
Simple, the office contains 4 PCs and the server must receive the
external requests for pages.
It has a static IP of 121.73.82.1

Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786
Inventor of multi-spectral fibreoptics.
Return (my novel) at http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1382737
Quote: What I cannot create, I do not understand. (Richard Feynman)