[wellylug] diskless headless

E Chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 5 09:18:24 NZDT 2010

Hello Tim and others who replied...
>>  - massive amounts of data are required to be processed
>>  - the job can be split into many smaller jobs
>>  - shared state is not required between the smaller jobs

Yes to all 3 questions after reading J. Durham's email.
All machines will be on Suse 11.3, exactly the same hardware, and the
video editing (cinelerra) will handle the farm rendering.
I have been running this for a bit of time now but on 3 different
machines. And It is only as fast as the slowest machine, e.g. 2 are fast
and one is ... mmm well slow...
So it seems to be a go...

Now I need to find out the perf. of the CPU I want to use.
Cheers