[wellylug] Cent-OS server still off line

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Mon Jan 17 07:52:20 NZDT 2011

On 16/01/2011, at 12:58 PM, John Durham wrote:

> Still could do with some help from the genius brigade at wellylug. My Cent-OS server is still off line. My efforts to get it connecting are still running into a wall. All the other stuff works. Is there a genius free?

I'm not free to make house calls and have no CentOS knowledge, but looking back it seems that it's working within your network, just not remotely? If so, the problem is with your firewall. It's either blocking the packets or not forwarding them correctly. If the machine is your firewall check that whatever should be externally accessible is listening on the right IP address (netstat -anp --tcp may help).

Also check the machine's local firewall.
--
Phillip Hutchings
sitharus at sitharus.com