[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Wed Jan 19 10:15:24 NZDT 2011

On 19/01/2011 9:54 a.m., John Durham wrote:
> Just took my first look at geek zone. No preconceptions yet.
> If you think this is a better place, I am willing to try it.

Good.

The .au forum may be much better for your level of understanding than
the .nz one.

Personally I've found users at your level tend to get mocked in the .nz
forum by fellow kiwis.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=95&topicid=74508 <-- this
is my current favourite.  Some people thought the user was just a troll,
so simply choose to mock the poster, who just didn't bother coming back.

Where as in the .au forum they have a much greater population of people
at your level and take you much more at face value.

The population advantage also means that there's more likely to be
someone there who has recently had the same problem you're having and
will point you discussion they had, which is a very useful way to get a
good over view of the problem.