[wellylug] micro SD cards

Rob van der Linde robvdl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:44:04 NZST 2011

I don't know if this is similar, but I have had two usb memory keys do this
to me, one day they simply decided to turn into readonly devices and there
isn't even a read only switch on them or anything.  There is nothing I can
do, I can't write to them, can't reformat, or delete partitions, but I can
still read from it.

The one I have here still on my desk at work is a transcent 4gb, about 1 1/2
years old, that is now read only.

The other one I got rid of, because it was very old, and also became
readonly.