[wellylug] wget for big files

Rob Collins robcollins55 at aim.com
Wed Mar 2 12:02:02 NZDT 2011

Hi.

I am planning on using wget -g to obtain the new Opensuse 11.4 to be
released to public mirrors in just over a weeks time.  What is the
general feeling on whether this is a good approach for downloading a
large 4.7GB file?  I tried using firefox downthemall download manager in
the past very often with broken/non resumable connection results.

Am planning on using the citylink ftp server to download from and just
don't want to get to 95% downloaded and then connection unresumable
frustrating drama's.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rob Collins