[wellylug] Bash script not working all the time

Peter Lynch Peter.Lynch at FINEOS.com
Fri Sep 16 14:20:47 NZST 2011

Thanks a lot, Bruce - problem solved!

-----Original Message-----
From: wellylug-bounces at lists.wellylug.org.nz [mailto:wellylug-bounces at lists.wellylug.org.nz] On Behalf Of Bruce Hoult
Sent: Friday, 16 September 2011 1:50 p.m.
To: Wellington Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [wellylug] Bash script not working all the time

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Peter Lynch <Peter.Lynch at fineos.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have the following bash script which works, i.e. touches the
> specified file, when I run it from the command line, but not when it
> is run from cron.  Does anyone know why?

Most likely, 'postconf' is not in $PATH when run from cron.

As a normal user do "which postconf" note the output and then add "export PATH=<theoutput>:$PATH" to the cron script.

FINEOS Corporation is the global brand name of FINEOS Corporation Limited and its affiliated group companies worldwide.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be privileged and is intended
only for the use of the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient or a
representative of the intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must
not copy, use or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.  This e-mail has been swept for
computer viruses. However, you should carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com