[wellylug] Wellington meetups

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Feb 2 09:36:36 NZDT 2012

On 02/02/12 09:19, Jethro Carr wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 23:14 +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
>> So.  Does WellyLUG still intend to have regular Wellington meets and
>> social events?
>>
>> Enquiring minds want to know....
>
> hi Mark,
>
> We stopped having meetings due to low turn out, but if there's interest,
> then I'm sure they could be resumed.
>
> These days I'm no longer in Wellington [1] so someone else would need to
> step up to organise them - I know Xav had offers for a venue a while ago

I was enquiring on behalf of an acquaintance, when I was asked about
technical type social gatherings in Wellington I must admit I was short
on ideas (though I did suggest Unlimited Potential)... reportedly a
Linuxy type group would be an asset for the region.

> [1] yes the horrible rumors are true, I'm now an Aucklander

As I have returned to being, too. Auckland LUG has similar struggles but
usually manages to arrange it's first-Monday-of-the-Month meetings at
least 9 months out of 12....

Cheers
Mark.