[wellylug] NZ Linux support companies for small business

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Thu May 24 00:14:43 NZST 2012

hi all,

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I want to reach as many Linux support
professionals as I can and these 3 lists should cover most of them. :-)

I'd like to get a list assembled of NZ IT providers for supporting small
and medium businesses with Linux servers - there used to be a list of
consults on the linux.net.nz site that is now gone, but it was a bit
vague and covered a number of areas beyond just Linux itself including
application and web development.

I'll be making the list public, it's mostly to make my life easier when
I get people emailing me asking for small business support, which is
something I'm no longer actively involved in having moved more to focus
on corporates and telcos.

I'm purely after people/companies that will support small business such
as 1-5 servers and 1-25 user deployments - not interested in enterprise
consultants or other professionals, they have a very different market
and aren't interested in small businesses clients.

Needs to be professional people/companies, primarily the ability to
deliver business hours support, invoicing with GST, professional
documentation standards, etc.

Basically this is not a request for "I know Linux and can help people
out now and again after work", helpful as that is, I'm after people who
will always be able come over after they get a call saying things aren't
working and charge for the privilege. :-)

If this is you and you wouldn't mind your details being public and
sometimes sent to me to people asking for such services, I'd be very
keen to hear back from you *OFFLIST*.

Send me some brief details about your company, ie target customers,
supported products/platforms, city/region, staff numbers, SLA
guarantees, rates, whatever you feel comfortable with being semi-public.

Also as much as I only like to care about Linux, it would be useful to
know whether you can support desktops such as Windows or MacOS when
backed against Linux servers - typical Samba deployments etc.

thanks all,
jethro

--
Jethro Carr