[wellylug] Rack server suggestions

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue Apr 2 17:50:23 NZDT 2013

Hi William,

Supermicro are a good enough brand. If you are happy with them (price/support/reliability) then I can't see any reason to change. If you think you could do better, then try elsewhere.

Personally I recommend Silicon, eg:
(http://www.silicon.co.nz/Products/prod14_1u_coppermountain.html), especially if you are in Wgtn - Intel brand systems, excellent service, & a good sponsor of installfests back in the days when people needed help getting Linux to work.

Cheers,

  Brent