[wellylug] GTK3 double-click speed

Steven Mulvay steven.mulvay at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Feb 5 16:49:20 NZDT 2013

Hi all, how are you?
I am running the Awesome WM which does not have its own sitting for mouse double-click speed. In
such situations you have to set the double-click speed through whichever tool-kit the application
you are using is based upon. For GTK2 apps this is not a problem, I simply place
gtk-double-click-time=1000 into ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and I am good to go. Unfortunately GTK3 does not seem
to have an equivalent file, so I don't know how to change the double-click speed for GTK3
applications.

Do any of you know how to change the double-click speed of GTK3 applications when using a simple WM
(as opposed to using a full desktop environment such as gnome)?

Cheers,
Steven