[wellylug] A shout-out to all wellylug members

gearge gearge at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 13:59:06 NZST 2013

Hi guys,

I'm a new addition to this mailing list and decided to introduce myself +
generate some traffic :-D

My name is Giorgi and I'm from Georgia (the
country<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)>,
not the U.S. state). Indeed, I came from a long way to greet you all :-) I
consider myself an advanced user and a believer in the practice of free
software. GNU/Linux fits perfectly into my philosophy and I've been using
its various flavors/distributions since... back when Mandriva was somewhere
at the top. I've been promoting/advocating GNU/Linux for as long as I can
remember and It's my permanent desktop of choice; though I do keep a
heterogeneity virtual infrastructure containing various versions of Windows
(am I hearing a booo... why, don't you also?!-), OpenSolaris derivatives,
and BSDs.

My choice of a server platform is I guess obvious. In fact, I've been
administrating a farm of Linux/UNIX servers for the last 3 years.

I'm currently a 2nd year at WelTec, doing BIT (InfoSec). Are you also at
WelTec Petone? If so, do drop by and say hi.

Cheers to GNU/Linux users in Wellington. Hope to see you all at the next
WellyLUG meeting.