[wellylug] Wacom /RTFM

E Chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 18 09:05:07 NZDT 2014

Thanks Daniel
Eventually sorted it out from home.

A case of RTFM as usual. Having said that there is a primordial piece of
info that is nowhere to be seen.
For say one does not advertise drivers about a cliff at the bottom of
the cliff. Well that was the case here.

I was missing the point that my model (intuos pro) was a denomination of
a new line of product. Hence confusion about which library to use.
So I needed the libwacom 0.8 where most distr. come with 0.6 (!!!).
Then on top of it  add synaptic that can't find gudev because it was
libgudev ... etc ... etc ... I suppose little things stacking on top of
each others.

So all sorted, buttons showing now in the gnome control center. All good.
But it's enough to drive the average user away from Linux, after all
these years of efforts by developers it's a bit of a shame that basic
things like that are not coming easier.

Cheers