[wellylug] Next meeting

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Thu Jul 10 01:20:34 NZST 2014

On 08/07/14 09:50, Hugh Davenport wrote:
> So far we still have no speakers. I suggest the next speaker to be
> YOU. That's right, YOU are going to speak at the next wellylug.

Man! YOU convinced me! ;)

OK, if people fancy, i could do a quick talk about the Qt Framework and
their JavaScript integration [0]. I'm not an expert on the topic, but I
was so amazed recently when I first tried to use it, how damned easy it
is and how powerful it is too!

Other topic of interest to me are:
- Open source mechanical engineering w/ FreeCAD [1] or other open source
SW (BTW I would love to hear about CNC and 3D printing)
- Open source electronics engineering (gEDA [2],  Qucs [3], KiCAD [4], ...)
- RF stuff (GNU radio[5], Osmocom [6], ...)
- Running a TOR exit node and dealing with abuse reports

C'mon guys, anyone else fancy jump in?

On the side, I would love to hear about the state of CAD/EDA Open source
SW package, hear criticism on how/why we are way behind the most
shitiest proprietary SW on the planet, why it does matter (how can you
pretend/believe to create open source hardware using closed source
software) and other philosophical stuff around the subject of open
(source) engineering and open (source) society [7], [8]

If enthusiasm gets low when it comes to talks/demos, I wouldn’t mind
some NSA/GCHQ/DGSE/<insert-yours-here> bashing/gossiping [9] around a
good beer or two or three or more...
\_o< \_o< coin! coin! pan! pan! [10]

Chris

[0] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtjavascript.html
[1] http://freecadweb.org/
[2] http://www.gpleda.org/
[3] http://qucs.sourceforge.net/
[4] http://www.kicad-pcb.org/
[5] http://gnuradio.org
[6] http://osmocom.org/
[7] http://opensourceecology.org/
[8] http://www.wikihouse.cc/
[9]
http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/17131/1/top-ten-ways-to-fuck-the-nsa
[10] http://linuxfr.org/users/daique/journaux/_o-coin-coin#comment-403338

PS: Did you notice that none of these URLs start with https?
Haeremai! Everything is ka pai!

--
QtCreator/qmakeparser.cpp:42