[wellylug] Meeting this month

Hugh Davenport hugh at davenport.net.nz
Mon Apr 4 17:24:00 NZST 2016

Hey All,

This month we have something a bit different.

Gavin Porter (Security Manager at Catalyst) and I will be hosting a capture the flag (CTF)
event. CTF's are a security game type thing, where a application is purposely vulnerable in
a particular way, and the goal is to try and find the vulnerability. When you find one, you
get a "flag", which allows you to go on to the next level, where you can find another vulnerability.

So it is a bit different, but should be fun.

The date will be the 18th April, will be hosted at Catalyst still, on a different floor. For
easy logistics, it will be easier if you just come to level 3 as normal, and we go as as a
group to where we will have laptops setup. If you are late, as usual, call me and I will get
someone down to let you in. Doors lock at 6pm, so aim to be there before then. We will start
shortly after 6.

Any questions? Let me know!

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,