[wellylug] NZOSS AGM - now Sat 22 Oct, 16:30

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Sep 23 09:39:39 NZST 2016

Just passing this on for those of you who aren't (and should be) on the
NZOSS email list. Here is a chance to participate in the society.

-

Hi all,

A quorum of Council have agreed to reschedule our AGM for Saturday, 22
October 2016, at 16:30pm.

We also agreed to reduce the total council size from 14 to a maximum of 7
(including the two executive, President and Vice President). This should
be make organising meetings (virtual and physical) far more manageable
than the current "up to 14" we have.

In light of this, I encourage everyone interested in standing for
Council at this Election to nominate yourself or someone else asap!
https://etherpad.nzoss.org.nz/NZOSS_Nominations_2016

The expectations of the Councillor and Executive roles are described on
the nomination page.

Note: you must be a current financial member vote, nominate, and/or run!

If you're not a financial member, go to
https://nzoss.org.nz/content/renew-membership-or-join-the-nzoss to become
one - the cost is a mere $40/yr for professionals, $20/yr for students and
seniors!

A Secretary and Treasurer will be appointed (most likely from among the
council) by the new Council following the election.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, let me know asap!

We'll post addresses for AGM locations prior to the day - we're aiming to
gather in Chch, Wgtn, and Auck - if people want to organise any other
meeting places, please feel free and let us know!

Look forward to seeing you all in person or virtually!

Dave

--
Dave Lane, President, New Zealand Open Source Society
e: president at nzoss.org.nz  m: 021 229 8147  w: http://nzoss.org.nz

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz