[wellylug] Special meeting this month

Hugh Davenport hugh at davenport.net.nz
Tue Apr 4 14:00:08 NZST 2017

Hi all,

This month we are doing something a bit different. We are running a capture the flag game, which we also did last year one time. For those that don't know what a capture the flag game is, it is a simulated system that has security flaws in it on purpose, and the objective is to break into the system one flaw at a time (each flaw will give you a token/flag). It is fairly beginner friendly so don't worry if you think your not up to it.

Gavin porter from catalyst is running it.

The date is a bit different to the usual third Monday due to Easter and anzac. This month it will be on next monday the 10th of april, 6pm start time, level 3 catalyst house.

Gavin has asked if people can bring a laptop to use, and if you can't you can watch over someones shoulder. This will be hands on.

Cheers,

Hugh