[wellylug] Linux laptop for software development

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 15:03:53 NZST 2017

As an alternative, I'm driving an Asus Zenbook and it's been great so far -
but 16GB ram and a FHD screen is going to really limit the choices out
there if you are looking for it being portable.  When I want more RAM I
just spin up cloud instances rather than do it locally, but if you're
wanting to do things with a gui IDE then syncing a dev environment to a
cloud instance is a pain.  The X1's are awesome too, but expensive and
similar spec to the Asus.