[wellylug] Meeting this month - combining with Perl Mongers and time change to Tuesday

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 13 03:54:38 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:57:32AM +1300, Michael Coleman wrote:
> The basic format will still be lightning talks, speakers are:
>
> *  Fehmi Noyan ISI  - Appleā€™s new Open Source programming language "Swift"
> *  Michael Coleman - Using visual bells in tmux for alerting when long
> running processes have finished.
> *  Grant Mclean
> *  Donovan Jones

Donovan's title is "some cool tools" apparently.

> There is still 1 or 2 spots available for speakers if anyone else wants to
> add themselves to the list.

If we're doing 5 minute lightning talks and limiting it to 5 or 6
speakers, it seems like it'll be quite a short meeting.  Last year's
PM lightning talks meeting had 9 talks it seems:
http://wellington.pm.org/archive/index.html

Anyway, I can talk on "A New Metaphor for FOSS Development", but
happy to let someone else have the slot (especially if they're not
a regular PM/lug speaker since lightning talks are a good place to
start).

Cheers,
    Olly