[wellylug] Sound recording speed

Jeff Hunt jeffhunt90 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:53:46 UTC 2019

Hello Wellylug,
Happy New Year.
I have a weird problem. I am on Archlinux with a full Gnome install but
using i3 window manager. My mike is:
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:0807 Logitech, Inc. Webcam B500
When I first start up the sound is played back many times too fast giving
an unintelligible 'Donald Duck' voice. I can't find any setting that
suggest playback should be fast and this happens even in 'real time' using
something like Google Hangouts.

But; if I disconnect the USB on the camera/mike and reinsert it things
usually come right. Surely the microphone does not dictate the playback
speed. Anyone any ideas what is happening?

Thanks.