[wellylug] Coyote

James Riley jamesjriley at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 13:06:24 NZST 2001

Good morning

In the good old days you could have hours of fun setting dip switches,
but those days have gone with most of the modern cards.
If you go to the website of the card manufacturers most of them have a
utility on offer which allows you change the irq and other config stuff
on the cards. you may be able to find what you are looking for from
here:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0,10151,0-10113-106-0-1-0,00.html?tag=st.dl.10010.dir.10113

This fun job often takes a few attempts to set up properly resolving
conflicts etc. What can make life a little easier is a HQTools boot
disk (or similar). It is a bootable floppy which basically anylises the
hardware, gives out tonnes of information, including IRQ conflicts.
For those of you who are lucky (it is better then win95) enough to have
a windoze NT CDRom, the disk can be created by:
1. Insert a blank diskette.
2. With the NT CD in the cd-rom_drive:\Support\Hqtools\Makedisk.bat
   This is the same as FD144 a:
3. Reboot from the diskette
4. Make sure that the hardware components listed is on the HCL
(Hardware Compatibility List) are not in conflict.

Or

Ask me and I can bring you a copy to the next meeting...

James

 --- "Klenner, Colin" <colin.klenner at eds.com> wrote: > Sounds like a
project for meeting night?

=====
James Riley

EMAIL: jamesjriley at yahoo.com
TEXT MESSAGE: 6421784028 at sms.vodaphone.net.nz

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of
VeriSign's FREE Guide "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/