[wellylug] Challenges, challenges

Glen Ogilvie ogilvie at world-net.co.nz
Tue Jun 12 20:22:54 NZST 2001

Hey there Ken,

well, to un-hide your partition may require a bit more information on the
problem.  First off.  Are you using any fancy boot loaders?  (xosl, pqboot,
etc) or are you only using LILO.

Second.  Did you used to be able to boot your windows partition?
Third.   Did you create that partition in DOS ages ago, or is this a new
partition created when installing linux?

Forth.  As root, do a fdisk /dev/hda
then press p [enter]

what is the type ID?
The type of my windows fat32 partition is Win95 FAT (ID b )

you can change the ID type in fdisk under linux..  This might resolve the
issue.

Cheers
Glen