[wellylug] Domain Blocking

Steve Withers swithers at paradise.net.nz
Fri Nov 30 16:07:52 NZDT 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:01, you wrote:
> > I plan to set up my procmail to /dev/null or bounce any mail from:
> >
> > msn.com
> > hotmail.com
> > yahoo.com
>
> Good, those friends(?) of yours using hotmail don't deserve to send
> email to you anyway....

To be honest, that's pretty much what I thought, yes.

I just surveyed 600 mail items in my in-box.

Of that 600, 43 were from the domains I have listed here and onl one is
something I would have wanted to receive - an e-mail from my sister.

I'll tell here I won['t be able to receive Yahoo.com mail anymore. I'll
ask her to get yahoo.ca......from which I never get junk mail of
spoofed virus payloads.

> > and countries China, Korea and the Czech Republic.
>
> Chances are you won't be missing any of your friends.

Right. My Chinese friends are all in Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
I have no friends that I know of in the Czech Republic. If I do, I will
specificallyaply a different rule to their domain before applying the
blanket .cz rule.

> As for bouncing, bad move. I doubt most of the spam you appear to
> have received from those services was relayed through their servers.
> I'm not even sure whether they are open relays...

OK.

> Remember every single header line on those spams can be forged.

Yeah, I know. I just don't want to see any of it.

My kids are geting porn mail......lolita stuff. I want to filter it
out.

Steve

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!