[wellylug] Debian users: freetype

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Thu Aug 1 16:35:47 NZST 2002

On 01 Aug 2002 10:04:01 +1200
"Damon Lynch" <damon at dev-zone.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Debian.  I want to install freetype 2.12 with the bytecode
> interpreter turned on.  I assume someone has already done this,
> without me needing to compile and perhaps mess up Debian's package
> handling. The version of Debian we are using is something very close
> to 3.0.

Are you sure debian doesn't have it turned on already?  IIRC when I last
looked at doing this myself, I discovered in the package compilation
scripts a comment saying something like "I think Apple's patent is
bogus; bytecode interpreter on by default".

> I know where to look for this kind of thing for Mandrake, but for
> Debian I don't have a clue :-)  Any suggestions?

apt-get build-deps <packagename>
cd /usr/src
apt-get source <packagename>
cd <whatever directory apt-get source just created>
< make changes >
debian/rules binary # iirc
cd ..
dpkg -i <the .deb that just appeared>

No doubt someone will correct the horrendously wrong parts of this for
me :)

don

--
Name: Donald Gordon  | "You know, it's a shame, 99.
SMTP: don at dis.org.nz |   All this could have been avoided."

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NsdPZD/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/0XFolB/TM