[wellylug] Lightweight Linux install

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Aug 18 19:43:18 NZST 2002

I'm not sure if everyone who should get messages on this thread are subscribed,
so if any of you know where info like this should go, please forward it on.

This is running on Sourceforge, seems to target simple & educational games
rather than a lightweight distro, so complements the work done to some extent.

The mission statement:
"To promote the use of Linux as an educational and entertainment platform for
children."

http://www.linuxforkids.com

other sites with useful info (generic Linux/open source rather than
distribution based)

maybe add to the resources list on the web site?

http://www.linuxapps.com
http://ibiblio.org
http://linuxcentral.com
http://www.happypenguin.org

There are heaps more I use pretty regularly, but these have relevant stuff for
the computers in schools stuff.

Cheers

  Brent

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now