[wellylug] Best e-mail client

sljudd at paradise.net.nz sljudd at paradise.net.nz
Tue Dec 3 16:18:31 NZDT 2002

Quoting William Hamilton <william at thevirtual.co.nz>:

> I suggest Evolution from Ximian. Multiple accounts, POP IMAP etc..
> cal, tasks and contacts also an overview page. Up to 1.2 now and is
> BRILLIANT!! Easy backup of directory for mail etc.

Seconded. I have Evolution 1.2, and it rocks my world. You will however need a
machine with sufficient grunt to run Gnome.

You could also check out Balsa, which was OK when last I tried it and rather
more lightweight.

There's a slew of GUI mail clients listed on Sourceforge and Freshmeat you could
look at.

Lastly, it may be commandline, but you really should check out mutt. It is very,
very good. Whenever I am away from a desktop, mutt is my client of choice.

Stephen

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/