[wellylug] Gnome (was Flash Player)

O'FLAHERTY, Tim (DISC, DEV) Tim.OFlaherty at mfat.govt.nz
Wed May 8 09:23:16 NZST 2002

Many thanks for helping me sort out Flash... I had a major pc crash,
with memory having to be purchased, installed and so forth, then my
CD-ROM died... for a while there I thought I was using Windows again :).

Now however, when I try and run Gnome, it tells me that the desktop
manager I am running is not Gnome, and the pid for the panel dies,
leaving me stuck with no way to escape Gnome apart from signing on as
root and killing the gnome session pid.

What is interesting is that I'm using Gnome, but according to Gnome, I'm
_not_ using it.

Maybe the whole system could do with an injection of coffee to get it up
and working :)

Regards

Tim O'Flaherty			Phone 64 4 4732185
FMIS Admin/Web Administrator	Fax 64 4 4948514
Information Systems Unit
Development Cooperation Division
Web: http://www.mfat.govt.nz/nzoda/nzoda.html
    )
  (
 [_]? Instant Human: Just Add Coffee...

"The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and is not necessarily the official view or communication of the Ministry. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this message or the information in it. If you have received this message in error, please email or telephone the sender immediately."

Tied to your PC? Cut Loose and
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mobile
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QBCcSD/o1CEAA/sXBHAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/