[wellylug] Multi O/S boot issue

sljudd at paradise.net.nz sljudd at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 7 14:04:19 NZDT 2002

Quoting Damon Lynch <damon at dev-zone.org>:

> On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 13:06, David McNab wrote:
>
> > Solution in one word - VMware
>
> That's a nice piece of software technically but ouch the price!!!
>
> Hey, did everyone see this:
>
> Mac On Linux: PPC users got us on this one!
> http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=2519&lang=en
>
> Think something like a hybrid VMware / win4lin for the Mac.... except
> it's free!!

I used mol on a dual-boot Debian/MacOS Powerbook for about a year. It worked a
treat - I had MacOS (including MS Office) running on a virtual desktop. Sound
worked and everything. And since Linux's VM is considerably better than the old
MacOS virtual memory manager, a bit of jiggery pokery with MacOS memory settings
made it seem as fast or fast with more apps open than when it was booting
natively. Fantastic.

Stephen

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA/kG8FAA/0XFolB/TM