[wellylug] Next Wellington Installfest?

Damon Lynch damon at dev-zone.org
Wed Oct 23 10:27:20 NZDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 10:37, Centurion Computer Technology Limited
wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 08:21, Peter Jones wrote:
> > wwouldn't it be easier to add more ram?
> > I've got a fair bit of 72 pin stuff (which I assume a P133 would take)
> > laying about
>
> I am forever needing for more of that stuff, care to sell any?

Ahhhh.... perhaps this is a reason for corporates and govts to buy from
big vendors -- they can be reasonably sure they'll always be able to get
old parts ;-)  Is there no place in Wellington that stocks old RAM
etc.?  I know there are places like this in Manila, Lahore and other
cities.  The parts are not cheap compared to newer higher
performing/capacity parts, but relatively cheap for upgrading individual
components.

Damon

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA/kG8FAA/0XFolB/TM