[wellylug] Help! - Favour needed

Lloyd lloyd at fusion.net.nz
Sun Sep 1 23:20:14 NZST 2002

Put a NO-CACHE header in your pages to stop proxy servers from caching the
results :)

Quoting Damon Lynch <damon at dev-zone.org>:

> On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 22:46, Richard Hector wrote:
>

>     Oh, I forgot about the paradise proxy. Maybe that stuffs it?
>
> Yes, thank-you everyone!
>
> I think it is Paradise screwing up their transparent proxy setting.  I
> was getting results where I was hitting refresh over and over (running
> Mozilla under Linux) and it was cycling through all kinds of old and
> fresh stuff, seemingly at random.
>
> Which is kind of sad, as I'm sure they're not the only ISP in the world
> that screws that up (although they've been doing it only recently,
> that's for sure).
>
> So where does that leave my site which uses server side scripts to
> serve
> up different pages to the web browser depending in browser
> functionality??  It seems to kill that idea pretty much.  Maybe I'm
> going to have to say "works only in browsers 5.x and above"?
>
> Not good.
>
> Damon

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux
>  // \\  Users
> /(   )\ Group
>  ^^-^^
>         http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/