[wellylug] OT: VHS to MPEG?

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Wed Sep 4 18:43:55 NZST 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:41:10 -0400
Matthew <wellylug at holloway.co.nz> wrote:

> Does anyone have a set up that can take NTSC (American) VHS and > convert it to MPEG?

I've got most of that, except that my video in card can't take the NTSC feed.

But there are plenty of places that convert NTSC/VHS to PAL/VHS, for as cheap as $10 or so. So if you want to do that, I'm happy to MPEG-encode from PAL and burn to CDs for you.

My vid card is a Matrox Marvel G200, with hardware-level MJPEG encoding. Quality is quite acceptable - close to lower-end broadcast, and shouldn't be an issue given that the original was shot on handycam.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch via off-list email.

Cheers
David

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM