[wellylug] modem

Lyndsay Mountfort lyndsaym at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 5 01:57:39 NZST 2003

FWIW

Since I started using Linux (12 months +) I've been using a Dynalink
V1456VQE External modem, that cost me about $175 at Quay Computers. I've
used Mandrake 7.2 and 8, RedHat 7.3 and Debian 3.0. Never any trouble at
all getting it to go; never a single problem. More to pay up front, but
a good return in time saved perhaps.

Mind you, I never did get it reliable with Win2K, or should I say never
got Win2K reliable with the modem! Works really well for Win2K running
inside VMWare, when Linux makes the connection, though :)

Lyndsay

Rose McGillicuddy wrote:

>I've been watching the modem discussion.  It means I can go and buy any external modem and it will work with Linux?  Just want to be 100% sure before I spend my money.  DSE have some (own brand).
>Thanks
>Rose

>  .-.   Wellington
>  /V\   Linux